21 September 2010

Baby Shower Card

My second cousin and his wife are expecting their first child. I didn't really know what to do for a card, since I am not especially into paper crafting and I couldn't find a card that I liked in the store. I know a lot of stitchers make cross-stitch cards, so I figured I would give it a go. It shouldn't take that long, right? I mean, it's only a card...

One forum I had joined offer free motives for baby books. I took one of those, a sweet little giraffe, and stitched him adding the "baby" to the bottom of the design. It took way longer than I ever thought it would. I stayed up extra late the night before the shower so I could get it finished. Part of me wanted to scrap it and move on... but the end was so close yet so far. I finished it late that night, and my mom added a nice little bow to it so it didn't look so plain!

Melissa's Baby Shower Card (finished 11 Sept. 2010):

I was so happy when Melissa thought it was cute! I worked really hard on it, and normally I don't make things unless I know the person was going to enjoy it. I decided to take my chances, and I am glad I did.


** If you like this design, you can download the giraffe and other small cross-stitch designs at the Ellen Maurer-Stroh Website by clicking here **

** Design copyright Ellen Maurer-Stroh. All rights reserved. Photos are my own. **

No comments:

Post a Comment