06 September 2010

Dragon Rampant with a twist!

Alright, it's time for another update because I finished another cross-stitch project. My mom and I were originally planning to work on the "Antique Lions Sampler" together, but I ended up having to pull out everything. Thankfully, it wasn't very much, but it was still a hassle since I was working on linen over 1 square rather than the traditional way: over 2. Being really frustrated, I went to work on my Slipknot cross-stitch, but I really wasn't in the right mood to work on it at all. After about 30 minutes of digging through my stash, I found a kit that my mom got me for Christmas - Lion Rampant. The cloth included in the kit was really hard to stitch on, so that didn't amount to much. Then I realised that I had another "rampant" design and I had all the flosses wound up and ready to go, so I figured I would work on that instead.

And... here it is:


It went by really quickly, as it was only 60 x 60 stitches. There was a lot of blending, and a lot of really bright colours. I enjoyed working on it because I forgot how the finished design was supposed to look. The more I worked, the more surprised I was. As I was working on it, I was listening to Satyricon and Slipknot (as I often do) and Satyricon's song "Commando" came on. I felt that song fit perfectly with the design, so I took a line from the song, and stitched it into the finished pattern.

The freebie pattern can be found here.   Teresa Wentzler does beautiful designs and is very helpful. When I had a question on the pattern, she responded to my email within minutes. I have other patterns by her and I can't wait to get started on them in the future, but it seems I have enough works in progress on my plate right now...


** The "Dragon Rampant" design is a freebie pattern courtesy of Teresa Wentzler / T.W. Designworks and the song "Commando" can be found on Satyricon's "The Age of Nero". Satyricon appears courtesy of Roadrunner Records. All lyrics and music by Satyr Wongraven. All rights reserved. Photos are my own. **

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I really like it, the colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm just so glad to finally get it finished!!

    ReplyDelete