02 October 2014

Throwback Thursday! (sort of)

I'm not sure if my Throwback Thursday that I came up with just now will continue, but I have a few finished projects to share that you might enjoy seeing. I didn't make either of these. In fact, one of the pieces was made by my Mutti about 20 some years ago. The other was a graduation gift from my best friend Nancy.

So let us start with the piece my Mutti made. I'm not too sure how long ago this was stitched. As my mom was straightening the basement, she came across this piece in the yarn cabinet. There are a lot of nice little treasures in that cabinet. Whenever I need some yarn, that's generally where I look first. We both (Mutti and I) are leaning towards this design being a Dimensions kit, but again, we aren't 100% sure on that. It was stitched with the intent of being hung in my room as a kid. Obviously that never happened. I decided to hang onto it in hopes that I can frame it and hang it up. It was just too cute not to share.



Now onto the piece Nancy made for me after my graduation in 2009. If you might recall from my earlier posts, Nancy was the one who taught me cross-stitch during my undergraduate studies. She designs her own pieces and is very creative and talented. I used to always watch "The Adventures of Tintin" on TV growing up. As it turns out, Nancy used to (and still does) love Tintin. She had posters all over her house of the different comic book covers. I personally always loved Tintin's dog, Snowy. He was the adventurous light-hearted character in the series. Nancy took a picture of Snowy in his little brown jacket and stitched "I'm going to cause a sensation" in the colors of the German flag. I was getting ready to go study in Germany, and Nancy thought that quote was really fitting. I thought so too.  I especially love the slight air of pride that Snowy projects. He knows he looks great in his little brown jacket, and with that, he's virtually unstoppable.


I've been working on a few projects too, so stay tuned for more cool posts this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment