15 November 2014

I was featured on Mr. X Stitch and Makezine!

Way back when I first designed the Slipknot project, I got an email from Mr. X Stitch on a forum that I frequent. I definitely had to email him when I finished it. You can read what Jamie, aka Mr. X Stitch had to say here.

Andrew from Makezine also wrote about the piece here.

I also went the extra mile and brought this to Michaels for it to be custom framed. I knew it was going to be expensive. The framer put together this elaborate frame for me, but it was more than I was willing to spend. I wanted a decent price, but I didn't want to compromise on aesthetics. This piece took me six years, and I didn't want to just stick it in a frame and have it look like I just, you know, shoved it in a frame.

My mom told me to wait until michaels ran the 60% with an extra 20% deal, but it honestly didn't want this to just end up like my other projects - shoved in a drawer for eternity. After I dropped the piece off all washed and ironed (thankfully nothing ran!) we went home. Lo and behold! In my mailbox was a 60% with extra 20% off custom framing. I called them, and they were very accommodating.

It was ready to be picked up on Thursday! They did a beautiful job, too!

Take a look:


Now I just can't wait to see Slipknot (and Korn!!) in Baltimore later this week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment